4 Nov 2010

Ambulance Man vs Bus Man

Red 1 Allocated (5-YO Male Life Status unknown, caller crying and hung up phone)

As you would imagine there was a real need to get to this job as quickly as possible driving as fast as safety would allow. Well I did, we were 5 miles away and it was 17:00 hours which meant I had to navigate my way through rush-hour traffic. Having safely manoeuvred through 3 miles of traffic I reached a set of road works, the works were quite passable except that two buses had stopped next to each other in opposite directions with their drivers having a little chat. Oblivious to the fact that they were holding the traffic up one of them looked up and noticed me, yes me driving a big yellow ambulance with blue flashing lights and nee naaaws sounding stuck in front of him. He slowly looked back to his brother driving the other bus slowly finished off their conversation and gently pulled off. As he drove past me I shrugged my shoulders with disgust and do you know what he said, he told me to "go fuck myself" well I nearly exploded with anger. Two things stopped me from getting out of my truck and battering him 1) The 5-YO Kiddie & 2)My job is worth more.

Guess what! We didn't make to that job luckily there was another vehicle closer and they got there first so we were cancelled off.

Did I want to drive to that bus depot and Ram Raid it with my ambulance? Damn right I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment