8 Aug 2010

Crowning Glory

The ring ring ring of the MDT sounded in our cab, and there it was the job I've been waiting for since being on the road.. I don't know why but I've wanted to experience a birth imminent job, and hopefully witness the magical experience of seeing life for the first time & knowing that, I, I have helped that happen "well at the final stages anyway". We were 9 miles away & an FRU was on scene, we hastily activated & drove like mad men (well like health & safety anal mad men) to the job. During the journey we planned our particular roles & mentally prepared ourselves for the ordeal, then at 2.5 miles away some b??t?rd beat us to it & we were cancelled....... Then were given our 2nd Peg Feed job of the night (can anyone advise me where to put the adrenaline when you are cancelled off a good job & then given a no-brainer)

3 comments:

  1. Dang. That sucks, but if you guys were assigned to it then why was there another team at it? Tough luck man. But tons of people give birth everyday so there still is hope.

    By the way I'm Ahmad if you remember me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ahmad, sorry about signing off last night but the network froze... What happens is we get assigned because we're the closest at that time, but then on the way another vehicle may come available and they could be closer so we would get cancelled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, that's a bummer though. Keep in touch man. By the way I like the blog, it keeps me occupied :)

    ReplyDelete