29 Oct 2010

Frequent Flyer (One day he will cry wolf & A&E will overlook him)

Had a patient yesterday that I've attended to 3 times already. As soon as I saw the call on the MDT screen I knew it was him. "Man with Pain in right leg, difficulty in breathing" I clocked the address and low and behold it was at a train station.

We arrived to find our old mate (who i shall not name) He is an elderly gentleman that was made homeless when his wife kicked him out for drinking to much. He's been to one particular hospital 600 times as he likes sleeping in the waiting area. I wouldn't mind but we were cancelled off a CVA to attend to him and the FRU that also attended was into overtime. On three occasions I have tried to arrange (through our service) homeless support for him, but he turns it down. One day we will find him frozen in a local park or we will blue him in with chest pains and A&E wont take him seriously and he will die.

WHAT ARE WE TO DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment